Over the course of 2 evening sessions, the class places an emphasis on what you can do to bring about a healthy pregnancy, birth, and baby, and how to prepare for a gentle postpartum transition to parenthood. Morgane V. Richardson leads the class with a blend of lecture, discussion, experiential learning, and inner exploration.
Some of the topics covered include:
- The anatomy and physiology of birth
- Stages of labor
- Comfort Measures and labor-support techniques
- Negotiating the medical system and interacting with medical caregivers
- Articulating birth preferences ("birth plans")
- Giving birth by cesarean
- Understanding medical procedures and interventions
- Postpartum Care and Breastfeeding
Learn more about Morgane's training and teachings at www.morganerichardsondoula.com.