Caring for myself is not self-indulgence, it is self-preservation and that is an act of political warfare.” – Audre Lorde
Over the course of 2 evening sessions the class explores what you can do to bring about a healthy pregnancy, birth, and baby, and how to prepare for a gentle postpartum transition to parenthood. Morgane V. Richardson, birth doula and professional feminist, leads the class with a blend of lecture, discussion, experiential learning, and inner exploration.
Some of the topics covered include:
- The anatomy and physiology of birth
- Stages of labor
- Comfort Measures and labor-support techniques
- Negotiating the medical system and interacting with medical caregivers
- Articulating birth preferences ("birth plans")
- Giving birth by cesarean
- Understanding medical procedures and interventions
- Postpartum Care and Breastfeeding
This class is an unabashedly feminist take on childbirth education. Weaving in feminist lit and highlighting current policies, Morgane delivers an empowering approach to birth. You’ll walk away from this course with an understanding of reproductive laws and your rights as a birthing pregnant person.
Date/Time: March 18th and 19th from 4:30 - 8:00pm.
Fee: $350.00 per family. Childbirth Ed. should be available to everyone. If cost is an issue, please contact Morgane to discuss payment options.
Learn more about Morgane's training and teachings at www.MorganeRichardsonDoula.Com