Saturday 8/12 & Sunday 8/13 from 1:00-5:00pm (each day)
Over the course of 2 evening sessions the class explores what you can do to bring about a healthy pregnancy, birth, and baby, and how to prepare for a gentle postpartum transition to parenthood. Morgane V. Richardson, birth doula and professional feminist, leads the class with a blend of lecture, discussion, experiential learning, and inner exploration.
Some of the topics covered include:
- The anatomy and physiology of birth
- Stages of labor
- Comfort Measures and labor-support techniques
- Negotiating the medical system and interacting with medical caregivers
- Articulating birth preferences ("birth plans")
- Giving birth by cesarean
- Understanding medical procedures and interventions
- Postpartum care and feeding
Morgane delivers an empowering approach to birth. You’ll walk away from this course with an understanding of reproductive laws and your rights as a birthing pregnant person.
Fee: $350.00 (includes entrance for your support person, if applicable)